Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Finance & Financial Management at SUNY Old Westbury

Find Schools Near

Finance & Financial Management at SUNY Old Westbury

If you are interested in studying finance and financial management, you may want to check out the program at SUNY Old Westbury. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SUNY Old Westbury is located in Old Westbury, New York and approximately 5,007 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,108 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Old Westbury in 2021, 34 of them were finance and financial management majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Finance & Financial Management section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Old Westbury Finance & Financial Management Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Finance

SUNY Old Westbury Finance & Financial Management Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the finance progam at SUNY Old Westbury compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The finance major at SUNY Old Westbury is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Finance & Financial Management. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Degree Schools 214
Most Focused Finance & Financial Management Schools 256
Most Popular Finance & Financial Management Schools 334
Best Value Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Degree Schools 344
Best Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Degree Schools 587

How Much Do Finance Graduates from SUNY Old Westbury Make?

The median salary of finance students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Old Westbury is $42,699. This is less than $48,896, which is the national average of all finance majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Finance Student Demographics at SUNY Old Westbury

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the finance majors at SUNY Old Westbury.

SUNY Old Westbury Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Program

35% Women
65% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 34 students earned a bachelor's degree in finance from SUNY Old Westbury. About 35% of these graduates were women and the other 65% were men. The typical finance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 30% women. So female students are more repesented at SUNY Old Westbury since its program graduates 5% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 38% more racial-ethnic minorities in its finance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Old Westbury with a bachelor's in finance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 12
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Old Westbury also has a doctoral program available in finance. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Finance Grads May Go Into

A degree in finance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Old Westbury.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
General and Operations Managers 163,250 $156,260
Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents 68,120 $161,580
Financial Analysts 53,250 $137,270
Financial Managers 42,460 $210,510
Personal Financial Advisors 26,710 $164,260


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.