Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at SUNY Fredonia

Find Schools Near

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at SUNY Fredonia

If you are interested in studying film, video and photographic arts, you may want to check out the program at SUNY Fredonia. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SUNY Fredonia is located in Fredonia, New York and has a total student population of 4,055. In 2020, 3 film majors received their bachelor's degree from SUNY Fredonia.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Film, Video & Photographic Arts section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Fredonia Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Film

SUNY Fredonia Film, Video & Photographic Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the film progam at SUNY Fredonia compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The film major at SUNY Fredonia is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Film, Video & Photographic Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 21
Best Value Film, Video & Photographic Arts Schools 52
Most Popular Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 295
Most Focused Film, Video & Photographic Arts Schools 415

Film Student Demographics at SUNY Fredonia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at SUNY Fredonia.

SUNY Fredonia Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program

67% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 3 students earned a bachelor's degree in film from SUNY Fredonia. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

undefined

About 67% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in film at SUNY Fredonia are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Fredonia with a bachelor's in film.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SUNY Fredonia also has a doctoral program available in film. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Film Grads May Go Into

A degree in film can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Fredonia.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Producers and Directors 26,110 $115,610
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Film and Video Editors 4,590 $92,170
Photographers 4,090 $53,150
Communications Professors 3,080 $90,470

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.