Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Suffolk University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Suffolk University

Every design and applied arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the design program at Suffolk University stacks up to those at other schools.

Suffolk is located in Boston, Massachusetts and has a total student population of 7,169. In 2019, 40 design majors received their bachelor's degree from Suffolk.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Suffolk Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Undergrad Certificate in Design (1 - 4 Years)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design
  • Master’s Degree in Design

Suffolk Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how Suffolk performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Suffolk is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Master’s Degree Schools 40
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 117
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Undergraduate Certificate Schools 194

In 2019, 11 students received their master’s degree in design from Suffolk. This makes it the #40 most popular school for design master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Design Graduates from Suffolk Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Suffolk is $39,300. This is 27% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at Suffolk

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Suffolk University.

Suffolk Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

88% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 40 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from Suffolk. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.

Suffolk Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Suffolk University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Suffolk University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 20
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Suffolk Design & Applied Arts Master’s Program

73% Women
18% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 11 students who earned a master's degree in Design & Applied Arts from Suffolk in 2018-2019, 27% were men and 73% were women.

Suffolk Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Suffolk University with a master's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Suffolk University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Suffolk also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MA, the home state for Suffolk University.

Occupation Jobs in MA Average Salary in MA
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 6,190 $99,540
Graphic Designers 5,680 $64,010
Art Directors 1,310 $97,810
Interior Designers 1,240 $66,250
Photographers 1,220 $65,090

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.