Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at San Jose State University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at San Jose State University

Every design and applied arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the design program at San Jose State University stacks up to those at other schools.

San Jose State is located in San Jose, California and has a total student population of 36,085. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 63 students received a bachelor's degree in design from San Jose State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

San Jose State Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

San Jose State Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how San Jose State performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at San Jose State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Schools 122

How Much Do Design Graduates from San Jose State Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at San Jose State is $53,400. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 73% higher than the national average of $30,900 for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at San Jose State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at San Jose State University.

San Jose State Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

70% Women
68% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at San Jose State awarded 63 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 30% of these degrees went to men with the other 70% going to women.

San Jose State Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 34% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from San Jose State University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at San Jose State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 26
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 12
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

San Jose State also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for San Jose State University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Graphic Designers 29,320 $61,100
Multimedia Artists and Animators 10,760 $87,960
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Interior Designers 8,460 $68,440
Art Directors 7,620 $127,630

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.