Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Finance & Financial Management at Rutgers University - Newark

Find Schools Near

Finance & Financial Management at Rutgers University - Newark

If you are interested in studying finance and financial management, you may want to check out the program at Rutgers University - Newark. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rutgers Newark is located in Newark, New Jersey and approximately 13,231 students attend the school each year. Of the 2,346 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University - Newark in 2021, 241 of them were finance and financial management majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Finance & Financial Management section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers Newark Finance & Financial Management Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Finance

Rutgers Newark Finance & Financial Management Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the finance progam at Rutgers Newark compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The finance major at Rutgers Newark is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Finance & Financial Management. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Degree Schools 144
Best Value Finance & Financial Management Schools 220

How Much Do Finance Graduates from Rutgers Newark Make?

The median salary of finance students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rutgers Newark is $60,547. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 24% higher than the national average of $48,896 for all finance bachelor's degree recipients.


Finance Student Demographics at Rutgers Newark

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the finance majors at Rutgers University - Newark.

Rutgers Newark Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Program

41% Women
47% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The finance program at Rutgers Newark awarded 241 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 59% of these degrees went to men with the other 41% going to women. The typical finance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 30% women. So female students are more repesented at Rutgers Newark since its program graduates 11% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 20% more racial-ethnic minorities in its finance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - Newark with a bachelor's in finance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 45
Black or African American 18
Hispanic or Latino 47
White 46
International Students 72
Other Races/Ethnicities 13

Rutgers Newark also has a doctoral program available in finance. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Finance Grads May Go Into

A degree in finance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - Newark.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
General and Operations Managers 43,070 $167,600
Financial Managers 21,340 $175,880
Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents 15,440 $98,850
Tellers 13,380 $32,950
Financial Analysts 10,560 $106,100


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.