Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Rowan University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Rowan University

If you are interested in studying general biology, you may want to check out the program at Rowan University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rowan is located in Glassboro, New Jersey and has a total student population of 19,678. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 294 students received a bachelor's degree in biology from Rowan.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Rowan General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Rowan General Biology Rankings

The biology major at Rowan is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Rowan Make?

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rowan is $29,579. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 9% higher than the national average of $27,253 for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.


Biology Student Demographics at Rowan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Rowan University.

Rowan General Biology Bachelor’s Program

66% Women
42% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The biology program at Rowan awarded 294 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 34% of these degrees went to men with the other 66% going to women. The typical biology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at Rowan since its program graduates 1% more men than average.


About 56% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at Rowan are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rowan University with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 30
Black or African American 40
Hispanic or Latino 36
White 164
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 18

Rowan also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rowan University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Medical Scientists 2,960 $145,300
Biological Science Professors 1,540 $104,140
Biological Scientists 370 $76,330
Life Scientists 300 $85,790


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.