Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Ramapo College of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Ramapo College of New Jersey

If you plan to study general biology, take a look at what Ramapo College of New Jersey has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Ramapo College is located in Mahwah, New Jersey and approximately 6,042 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 89 students received a bachelor's degree in biology from Ramapo College.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Ramapo College General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Ramapo College General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at Ramapo College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at Ramapo College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Schools 102
Best Value General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 151
Best Value General Biology Schools 163
Most Popular General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 270
Most Popular General Biology Schools 327
Most Focused General Biology Master’s Degree Schools 395

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in biology from Ramapo College. This is the #396 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Ramapo College Make?

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Ramapo College is $31,898. This is 17% higher than $27,253, which is the national average for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.


Biology Student Demographics at Ramapo College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Ramapo College General Biology Bachelor’s Program

78% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 89 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Ramapo College. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.


About 57% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at Ramapo College are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 21
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 51
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Ramapo College also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Medical Scientists 2,960 $145,300
Biological Science Professors 1,540 $104,140
Biological Scientists 370 $76,330
Life Scientists 300 $85,790


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.