Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Oregon State University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Oregon State University

If you plan to study design and applied arts, take a look at what Oregon State University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Oregon State is located in Corvallis, Oregon and approximately 31,719 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 71 design majors received their bachelor's degree from Oregon State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Oregon State Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Oregon State Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The design major at Oregon State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Design Graduates from Oregon State Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Oregon State is $33,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 8% higher than the national average of $30,900 for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at Oregon State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Oregon State University.

Oregon State Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

72% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at Oregon State awarded 71 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 28% of these degrees went to men with the other 72% going to women.

Oregon State Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 66% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at Oregon State are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Oregon State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 47
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Oregon State also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for OR, the home state for Oregon State University.

Occupation Jobs in OR Average Salary in OR
Graphic Designers 3,510 $56,690
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,350 $75,800
Art Directors 960 $108,830
Multimedia Artists and Animators 730 $72,190
Interior Designers 670 $57,100

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.