Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at New Jersey Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at New Jersey Institute of Technology

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at New Jersey Institute of Technology. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

NJIT is located in Newark, New Jersey and approximately 11,652 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 21 design majors received their bachelor's degree from NJIT.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

NJIT Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

NJIT Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at NJIT compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at NJIT is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 30
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Schools 193

Earnings of NJIT Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at NJIT is $44,192. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 35% higher than the national average of $32,733 for all design bachelor's degree recipients.


Design Student Demographics at NJIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at New Jersey Institute of Technology.

NJIT Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

81% Women
57% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at NJIT awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 19% of these degrees went to men with the other 81% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 22% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New Jersey Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 7
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

NJIT also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Graphic Designers 5,980 $59,140
Professors 2,670 $73,660
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,070 $90,750
Interior Designers 1,440 $57,980
Photographers 1,400 $35,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.