Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Miami University - Oxford

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Miami University - Oxford

Every design and applied arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the design program at Miami University - Oxford stacks up to those at other schools.

Miami University - Oxford is located in Oxford, Ohio and approximately 19,716 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 57 students received a bachelor's degree in design from Miami University - Oxford.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Miami University - Oxford Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Miami University - Oxford Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at Miami University - Oxford compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Miami University - Oxford is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Schools 257

Design Student Demographics at Miami University - Oxford

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Miami University - Oxford.

Miami University - Oxford Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

89% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 57 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from Miami University - Oxford. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.

Miami University - Oxford Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 84% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at Miami University - Oxford are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Miami University - Oxford with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Miami University - Oxford
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 48
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Miami University - Oxford also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for OH, the home state for Miami University - Oxford.

Occupation Jobs in OH Average Salary in OH
Graphic Designers 7,120 $50,130
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 4,110 $84,160
Interior Designers 2,170 $55,230
Photographers 1,880 $42,370
Art Directors 1,100 $82,630

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.