Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Lafayette College

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Lafayette College

Every general biology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the biology program at Lafayette College stacks up to those at other schools.

Lafayette is located in Easton, Pennsylvania and approximately 2,514 students attend the school each year. Of the 720 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Lafayette College in 2021, 28 of them were general biology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Lafayette General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Lafayette General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at Lafayette compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at Lafayette is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 11
Most Focused General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 522
Most Focused General Biology Schools 640

Earnings of Lafayette Biology Graduates

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lafayette is $35,718. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 31% higher than the national average of $27,253 for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.


Biology Student Demographics at Lafayette

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Lafayette College.

Lafayette General Biology Bachelor’s Program

89% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 28 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Lafayette. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.


About 68% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at Lafayette are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lafayette College with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 19
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Lafayette also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Lafayette College.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.