Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Kean University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Kean University

If you plan to study design and applied arts, take a look at what Kean University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Kean is located in Union, New Jersey and approximately 14,064 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 61 students received a bachelor's degree in design from Kean.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Kean Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Kean Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how Kean performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Kean is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 76
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Schools 141
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 173
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Schools 339

Earnings of Kean Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Kean is $36,145. This is 10% higher than $32,733, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.


Design Student Demographics at Kean

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Kean University.

Kean Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

70% Women
48% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 61 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from Kean. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 12% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Kean University with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 25
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

Kean also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Kean University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Graphic Designers 5,980 $59,140
Professors 2,670 $73,660
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,070 $90,750
Interior Designers 1,440 $57,980
Photographers 1,400 $35,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.