Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Hospitality Management at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Hospitality Management at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus

If you plan to study hospitality management, take a look at what Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

IUP is located in Indiana, Pennsylvania and approximately 10,037 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 51 hospitality majors received their bachelor's degree from IUP.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Hospitality Management section at the bottom of this page.

IUP Hospitality Management Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality

IUP Hospitality Management Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks hospitality programs across the country. The following shows how IUP performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The hospitality major at IUP is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Hospitality Management. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Hospitality Management Associate Degree Schools 276

How Much Do Hospitality Graduates from IUP Make?

The median salary of hospitality students who receive their bachelor's degree at IUP is $33,085. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $36,364 for all hospitality students.


Hospitality Student Demographics at IUP

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the hospitality majors at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus.

IUP Hospitality Management Bachelor’s Program

67% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 51 students earned a bachelor's degree in hospitality from IUP. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men. The typical hospitality bachelor's degree program is made up of only 30% men. So male students are more repesented at IUP since its program graduates 4% more men than average.


About 90% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in hospitality at IUP are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus with a bachelor's in hospitality.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 46
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

IUP also has a doctoral program available in hospitality. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Hospitality Grads May Go Into

A degree in hospitality can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Food Service Managers 6,010 $66,680
Business Professors 5,490 $91,520
Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners 3,840 $48,670
Lodging Managers 1,220 $59,520


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.