Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Gettysburg College

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Gettysburg College

If you plan to study general biology, take a look at what Gettysburg College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Gettysburg is located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 2,507. In 2021, 35 biology majors received their bachelor's degree from Gettysburg.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Gettysburg General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Gettysburg General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at Gettysburg compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at Gettysburg is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 54
Best General Biology Schools 54
Most Focused General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 383
Most Focused General Biology Schools 462
Best Value General Biology Schools 699

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Gettysburg Make?

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Gettysburg is $28,340. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 4% higher than the national average of $27,253 for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.


Biology Student Demographics at Gettysburg

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Gettysburg College.

Gettysburg General Biology Bachelor’s Program

69% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 35 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Gettysburg. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.


About 80% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at Gettysburg are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Gettysburg College with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 28
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Gettysburg also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Gettysburg College.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.