Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

International Business at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

International Business at George Washington University

If you plan to study international business, take a look at what George Washington University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 111 international business majors received their bachelor's degree from GWU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in International Business section at the bottom of this page.

GWU International Business Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in International Business
  • Master’s Degree in International Business

GWU International Business Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks international business programs across the country. The following shows how GWU performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The international business major at GWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for International Business. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value International Business Master’s Degree Schools 37

In 2021, 4 students received their master’s degree in international business from GWU. This makes it the #43 most popular school for international business master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of GWU International Business Graduates

The median salary of international business students who receive their bachelor's degree at GWU is $60,116. This is 34% higher than $44,991, which is the national average for all international business bachelor's degree recipients.


International Business Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the international business majors at George Washington University.

GWU International Business Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 111 students earned a bachelor's degree in international business from GWU. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a bachelor's in international business.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 47
International Students 29
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

GWU International Business Master’s Program

25% Women
Of the 4 students who earned a master's degree in International Business from GWU in 2020-2021, 75% were men and 25% were women.


Of the students who received a international business master's degree from GWU, 100% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in international business.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

GWU also has a doctoral program available in international business. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That International Business Grads May Go Into

A degree in international business can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
General and Operations Managers 25,930 $150,970
Chief Executives 1,880 $247,500
Business Professors 640 $115,320


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.