Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

FDU is located in Madison, New Jersey and approximately 3,396 students attend the school each year. Of the 704 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus in 2021, 22 of them were design and applied arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

FDU Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

FDU Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at FDU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at FDU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 328

Design Student Demographics at FDU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus.

FDU Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

77% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 22 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from FDU. About 77% of these graduates were women and the other 23% were men.


About 64% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at FDU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 14
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

FDU also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham Campus.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Graphic Designers 5,980 $59,140
Professors 2,670 $73,660
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,070 $90,750
Interior Designers 1,440 $57,980
Photographers 1,400 $35,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.