Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Queens College

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Queens College

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Queens College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

QC is located in Queens, New York and has a total student population of 19,700. Of the 3,652 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Queens College in 2021, 131 of them were design and applied arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

QC Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

QC Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how QC performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at QC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Schools 48

How Much Do Design Graduates from QC Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at QC is $29,634. This is less than $32,733, which is the national average of all design majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Design Student Demographics at QC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Queens College.

QC Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

63% Women
78% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at QC awarded 131 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 37% of these degrees went to men with the other 63% going to women. The typical design bachelor's degree program is made up of only 32% men. So male students are more repesented at QC since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 42% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Queens College with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 44
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 43
White 19
International Students 10
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

QC also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Queens College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Graphic Designers 21,350 $64,840
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Art Directors 8,320 $124,710
Fashion Designers 7,550 $95,830
Professors 6,440 $112,000


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.