Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at Cleveland State University

Find Schools Near

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at Cleveland State University

What traits are you looking for in a film school? To help you decide if Cleveland State University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's film program.

Cleveland State University is located in Cleveland, Ohio and approximately 15,433 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 49 film majors received their bachelor's degree from Cleveland State University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Film, Video & Photographic Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Cleveland State University Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Film

Cleveland State University Film, Video & Photographic Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the film progam at Cleveland State University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The film major at Cleveland State University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Film, Video & Photographic Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 68

How Much Do Film Graduates from Cleveland State University Make?

The median salary of film students who receive their bachelor's degree at Cleveland State University is $21,900. This is less than $22,250, which is the national average of all film majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Film Student Demographics at Cleveland State University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at Cleveland State University.

Cleveland State University Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program

37% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The film program at Cleveland State University awarded 49 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 63% of these degrees went to men with the other 37% going to women.

Cleveland State University Gender Breakdown of Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 76% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in film at Cleveland State University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Cleveland State University with a bachelor's in film.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Film, Video & Photographic Arts Majors at Cleveland State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 37
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Cleveland State University also has a doctoral program available in film. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Film Grads May Go Into

A degree in film can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for OH, the home state for Cleveland State University.

Occupation Jobs in OH Average Salary in OH
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 4,110 $84,160
Photographers 1,880 $42,370
Producers and Directors 1,850 $60,590
Communications Professors 1,410 $74,860
Television, Video, and Motion Picture Camera Operators 430 $55,600

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.