Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Clemson University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Clemson University

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Clemson University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Clemson is located in Clemson, South Carolina and has a total student population of 24,951. In 2019, 68 design majors received their bachelor's degree from Clemson.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Clemson Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design
  • Master’s Degree in Design

Clemson Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The design major at Clemson is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2019, 3 students received their master’s degree in design from Clemson. This makes it the #87 most popular school for design master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Clemson Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Clemson is $41,100. This is 33% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at Clemson

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Clemson University.

Clemson Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

79% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 68 students who graduated with a bachelor’s in design from Clemson in 2019, 21% were men and 79% were women.

Clemson Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 85% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at Clemson are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Clemson University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Clemson University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 58
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Clemson Design & Applied Arts Master’s Program

67% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 3 students earned a master's degree in design from Clemson. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

Clemson Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Clemson University with a master's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Clemson University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Clemson also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Clemson University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Graphic Designers 2,050 $45,790
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 800 $61,680
Photographers 630 $42,090
Interior Designers 530 $47,680
Commercial and Industrial Designers 400 $81,570

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.