Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Allied Health Professions at Charleston Southern University

Find Schools Near

Allied Health Professions at Charleston Southern University

Every allied health professions school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the allied health program at Charleston Southern University stacks up to those at other schools.

CSU is located in Charleston, South Carolina and has a total student population of 3,477.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Allied Health Professions section at the bottom of this page.

CSU Allied Health Professions Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Allied Health

CSU Allied Health Professions Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2019, 6 students received their master’s degree in allied health from CSU. This makes it the #243 most popular school for allied health master’s degree candidates in the country.

Allied Health Student Demographics at CSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the allied health majors at Charleston Southern University.

CSU Allied Health Professions Master’s Program

67% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 6 students earned a master's degree in allied health from CSU. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

CSU Gender Breakdown of Allied Health Professions Master's Degree Grads

In the allied health master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 50% of degree recipients. That is 17% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Charleston Southern University with a master's in allied health.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Allied Health Professions Majors at Charleston Southern University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

CSU also has a doctoral program available in allied health. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Allied Health Grads May Go Into

A degree in allied health can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Charleston Southern University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics 5,240 $34,570
Health Specialties Professors 2,980 $72,470
Surgical Technologists 1,970 $39,970
Respiratory Therapists 1,770 $55,990
Physician Assistants 1,430 $103,710

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.