Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Centenary University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Centenary University

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Centenary University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Centenary is located in Hackettstown, New Jersey and has a total student population of 1,629. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 25 students received a bachelor's degree in design from Centenary.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Centenary Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Centenary Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how Centenary performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Centenary is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 193
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Schools 339
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Schools 347

How Much Do Design Graduates from Centenary Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Centenary is $31,145. This is less than $32,733, which is the national average of all design majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Design Student Demographics at Centenary

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Centenary University.

Centenary Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

76% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from Centenary. About 76% of these graduates were women and the other 24% were men.


About 56% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at Centenary are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Centenary University with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 14
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Centenary also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Centenary University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Graphic Designers 5,980 $59,140
Professors 2,670 $73,660
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,070 $90,750
Interior Designers 1,440 $57,980
Photographers 1,400 $35,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.