Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at California State University - Chico

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at California State University - Chico

Every design and applied arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the design program at California State University - Chico stacks up to those at other schools.

Chico State is located in Chico, California and approximately 16,746 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,313 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from California State University - Chico in 2021, 143 of them were design and applied arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Chico State Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Chico State Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at Chico State compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Chico State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Schools 202
Best Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 290

How Much Do Design Graduates from Chico State Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Chico State is $21,425. This is less than $32,733, which is the national average of all design majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Design Student Demographics at Chico State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at California State University - Chico.

Chico State Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

35% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at Chico State awarded 143 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 65% of these degrees went to men with the other 35% going to women. The typical design bachelor's degree program is made up of only 32% men. So male students are more repesented at Chico State since its program graduates 33% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 14% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from California State University - Chico with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 46
White 61
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 14

Chico State also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for California State University - Chico.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Graphic Designers 29,320 $61,100
Multimedia Artists and Animators 10,760 $87,960
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Interior Designers 8,460 $68,440
Art Directors 7,620 $127,630


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.