Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Bowie State University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Bowie State University

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Bowie State University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Bowie State University is located in Bowie, Maryland and approximately 6,250 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 35 design majors received their bachelor's degree from Bowie State University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Bowie State University Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

Bowie State University Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The design major at Bowie State University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Design Student Demographics at Bowie State University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Bowie State University.

Bowie State University Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

51% Women
91% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at Bowie State University awarded 35 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 49% of these degrees went to men with the other 51% going to women. The typical design bachelor's degree program is made up of only 32% men. So male students are more repesented at Bowie State University since its program graduates 16% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 56% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a bachelor's in design.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 30
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Bowie State University also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for Bowie State University.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Graphic Designers 3,030 $58,610
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,850 $74,160
Interior Designers 1,250 $66,140
Photographers 740 $39,640
Artists 540 $87,920


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.