Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Boston University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Boston University

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Boston University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Boston U is located in Boston, Massachusetts and has a total student population of 33,720. In 2019, 31 design majors received their bachelor's degree from Boston U.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Boston U Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design
  • Master’s Degree in Design

Boston U Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at Boston U compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Boston U is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Design & Applied Arts Master’s Degree Schools 17
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Master’s Degree Schools 75

In 2019, 26 students received their master’s degree in design from Boston U. This makes it the #14 most popular school for design master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Design Graduates from Boston U Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Boston U is $39,000. This is 26% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at Boston U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Boston University.

Boston U Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

81% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 31 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from Boston U. About 81% of these graduates were women and the other 19% were men.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Boston University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 14
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

Boston U Design & Applied Arts Master’s Program

88% Women
8% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2018-2019 academic year, 26 design majors earned their master's degree from Boston U. Of these graduates, 12% were men and 88% were women.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a master's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Boston University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 14
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Boston U also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MA, the home state for Boston University.

Occupation Jobs in MA Average Salary in MA
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 6,190 $99,540
Graphic Designers 5,680 $64,010
Art Directors 1,310 $97,810
Interior Designers 1,240 $66,250
Photographers 1,220 $65,090

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.