Health/Medical Prep Programs Major
Health/medical prep programs is a major that typically falls into the Health Professions category.
There are 289 programs available throughout the country that offer an associate’s degree in medical prep, 280 that offer a bachelor’s degree, and 16 that offer a master’s degree.
Who Is Getting a Medical Prep Degree?
This is a less frequently chosen major. Only 3,600 students graduated with a bachelor’s degree in health/medical prep programs in 2017. The major attracts more women than men. About 69.8% of the recent graduates in this field are female.
At the countrywide level, the racial distribution of medical prep majors is as follows:
- Asian: 9.2%
- Black or African American: 7%
- Hispanic or Latino: 10.4%
- White: 66.4%
- Non-Resident Alien: 1.4%
- Other Races: 5.5%
Americans aren’t the only ones with an interest in medical prep. About 1.4% of those graduating in 2017 were international students. The most popular countries sending medical prep majors to the U.S. are South Korea, Canada and Saudi Arabia.
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
Online Health/Medical Prep Programs Programs
There are 280 colleges that offer a bachelor’s degree in health/medical prep programs, with 5 of them offering at least some courses online.
Online learners must listen or watch video lectures, participate in group chats or forums, submit papers and assignments electronically, take tests, and meet deadlines.
Online learners benefit from being able to watch lectures remotely and complete coursework on their schedule, but they also take longer to graduate than average and are more likely to dropout.
- Health Sciences & Services
- Communication Sciences
- Advanced Dentistry & Oral Sciences
- Dental Support Services
- Health/Medical Admin Services
- Allied Health Services
- Allied Health Professions
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science
- Health/Medical Prep Programs
- Medical Science
- Mental & Social Health Services
- Optometric Support Services
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Professions
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Clinical Services
- Health Aids & Attendants
- Medical Illustration & Informatics
- Dietetics & Nutrition Services
- Bioethics/Medical Ethics
- Alternative Medicine & Systems
- Alternative Medical Support Services
- Bodywork & Therapeutic Services
- Movement & Mind-Body Therapies
- Energy & Bio-Based Therapies
- Nursing & Nursing Assistants
- Other Health Professions
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|