Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Programming at Wilmington University

Find Schools Near

Computer Programming at Wilmington University

If you plan to study computer programming, take a look at what Wilmington University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Wilmington University is located in New Castle, Delaware and approximately 14,769 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,831 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Wilmington University in 2021, 18 of them were computer programming majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Programming section at the bottom of this page.

Wilmington University Computer Programming Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Programming

Wilmington University Computer Programming Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks programming programs across the country. The following shows how Wilmington University performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The programming major at Wilmington University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Programming. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Computer Programming Bachelor’s Degree Schools 22
Most Focused Computer Programming Schools 311

Programming Student Demographics at Wilmington University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the programming majors at Wilmington University.

Wilmington University Computer Programming Bachelor’s Program

11% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 18 students earned a bachelor's degree in programming from Wilmington University. About 11% of these graduates were women and the other 89% were men.


About 72% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in programming at Wilmington University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Wilmington University with a bachelor's in programming.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 13
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Wilmington University also has a doctoral program available in programming. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Programming Grads May Go Into

A degree in programming can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for Wilmington University.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Software Applications Developers 4,790 $106,730
Computer Programmers 1,110 $80,260
Computer Network Support Specialists 440 $60,840
Web Developers 370 $72,070
Computer Science Professors 150 $92,530


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.