Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at University of Southern California

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at University of Southern California

Every general visual and performing arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the visual arts program at University of Southern California stacks up to those at other schools.

USC is located in Los Angeles, California and has a total student population of 48,321. In 2019, 15 visual arts majors received their bachelor's degree from USC.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

USC General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts
  • Master’s Degree in Visual Arts

USC General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

The visual arts major at USC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2019, 19 students received their master’s degree in visual arts from USC. This makes it the #5 most popular school for visual arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

Visual Arts Student Demographics at USC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at University of Southern California.

USC General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

40% Women
47% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 60% of visual arts bachelor's degrees went to men and 40% went to women. The typical visual arts bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at USC since its program graduates 18% more men than average.

USC Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 53% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in visual arts at USC are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its visual arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Southern California with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at University of Southern California
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

USC General Visual & Performing Arts Master’s Program

68% Women
37% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The visual arts program at USC awarded 19 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 32% of these degrees went to men with the other 68% going to women.

USC Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Southern California with a master's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at University of Southern California
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 3
International Students 9
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

USC also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of Southern California.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Graphic Designers 29,320 $61,100
Multimedia Artists and Animators 10,760 $87,960
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Art Directors 7,620 $127,630
Photographers 6,060 $52,720

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.