What Do Multimedia Artist or Animator Do?
Multimedia Artist or Animator Job Description Create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
What Do Multimedia Artists and Animators Do On a Daily Basis?
- Use models to simulate the behavior of animated objects in the finished sequence.
- Implement and maintain configuration control systems.
- Create pen-and-paper images to be scanned, edited, colored, textured, or animated by computer.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
Multimedia Artist or Animator Needed Skills
These are the skills Multimedia Artists and Animators say are the most useful in their careers:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Types of Multimedia Artist or Animator Jobs
- Multimedia Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Concept Artist
- Special Effects Technician
Is There Job Demand for Multimedia Artists and Animators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 73,700 jobs in the United States for Multimedia Artist or Animator. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 6,200 new jobs for Multimedia Artist or Animator by 2026. There will be an estimated 6,600 positions for Multimedia Artist or Animator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Multimedia Artist or Animator are Utah, Washington, and Georgia. Watch out if you plan on working in South Dakota, Rhode Island, or North Dakota. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Multimedia Artist or Animator
The average yearly salary of a Multimedia Artist or Animator ranges between $40,870 and $124,310.
Multimedia Artists and Animators who work in Connecticut, Washington, or District of Columbia, make the highest salaries.
How much do Multimedia Artists and Animators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$89,210|
What Tools do Multimedia Artists and Animators Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Multimedia Artists and Animators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext Markup Language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Windows
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible Markup Language XML
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
Becoming a Multimedia Artist or Animator
What kind of Multimedia Artist or Animator requirements are there?
What work experience do I need to become a Multimedia Artist or Animator?
Who Employs Multimedia Artists and Animators?
Multimedia Artists and Animators work in the following industries:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|