Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Public Administration at University of Pennsylvania

Every public administration school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the public admin program at University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 26,552.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Administration section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Public Administration Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Admin

UPenn Public Administration Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Public Admin Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public admin majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Public Administration Master’s Program

54% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 59 students earned a master's degree in public admin from UPenn. About 54% of these graduates were women and the other 46% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 41% men graduate in public admin each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 5% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in public admin.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 29
International Students 15
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Public Admin Grads May Go Into

A degree in public admin can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
General and Operations Managers 80,160 $133,480
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Social and Community Service Managers 8,300 $65,620
Chief Executives 6,540 $231,120
Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers 3,600 $112,170


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.