Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Legal Professions at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Legal Professions at University of Pennsylvania

What traits are you looking for in a legal professions school? To help you decide if University of Pennsylvania is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's legal professions program.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Legal Professions section at the bottom of this page.

  • Master’s Degree in Legal Professions
  • Doctorate Degree in Legal Professions

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 258 students who received their doctoral degrees in legal professions, making the school the #33 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the legal professions majors at University of Pennsylvania.

47% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The legal professions program at UPenn awarded 70 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 53% of these degrees went to men with the other 47% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 39% men graduate in legal professions each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 14% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in legal professions.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 14
International Students 39
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

The following legal professions concentations are available at University of Pennsylvania. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at University of Pennsylvania. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Law 258
Legal Research 42
Non-Professional General Legal Studies 28

A degree in legal professions can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Lawyers 24,980 $138,610
Paralegals and Legal Assistants 12,440 $52,780
Legal Secretaries 7,420 $50,980
Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers 2,050 $46,170
Judicial Law Clerks 1,070 $40,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.