Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at University of Arizona

Find Schools Near

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at University of Arizona

Every atmospheric sciences and meteorology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the meteorology program at University of Arizona stacks up to those at other schools.

University of Arizona is located in Tucson, Arizona and approximately 45,601 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology section at the bottom of this page.

University of Arizona Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Meteorology
  • Doctorate Degree in Meteorology

University of Arizona Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 4 students who received their doctoral degrees in meteorology, making the school the #12 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Meteorology Student Demographics at University of Arizona

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the meteorology majors at University of Arizona.

University of Arizona Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Master’s Program

20% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 5 students earned a master's degree in meteorology from University of Arizona. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men.


In the meteorology master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 40% of degree recipients. That is 23% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Arizona with a master's in meteorology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Meteorology Grads May Go Into

A degree in meteorology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for AZ, the home state for University of Arizona.

Occupation Jobs in AZ Average Salary in AZ
Natural Sciences Managers 1,060 $101,790
Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Professors 680 $100,900
Atmospheric and Space Scientists 120 $93,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.