Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at The University of Texas at Austin

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at The University of Texas at Austin

If you plan to study general visual and performing arts, take a look at what The University of Texas at Austin has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UT Austin is located in Austin, Texas and has a total student population of 51,090. In 2019, 68 visual arts majors received their bachelor's degree from UT Austin.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

UT Austin General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts

UT Austin General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the visual arts progam at UT Austin compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at UT Austin is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 126

Earnings of UT Austin Visual Arts Graduates

The median salary of visual arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at UT Austin is $21,900. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $26,400 for all visual arts students.

undefined

Visual Arts Student Demographics at UT Austin

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at The University of Texas at Austin.

UT Austin General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

53% Women
56% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The visual arts program at UT Austin awarded 68 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 47% of these degrees went to men with the other 53% going to women. The typical visual arts bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at UT Austin since its program graduates 5% more men than average.

UT Austin Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 13% more racial-ethnic minorities in its visual arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at The University of Texas at Austin
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 25
White 30
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UT Austin also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for The University of Texas at Austin.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Graphic Designers 13,480 $50,700
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 6,240 $71,520
Photographers 3,070 $34,160
Multimedia Artists and Animators 2,480 $82,940
Art Directors 2,090 $81,170

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.