Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Urban & Regional Planning at The New School

Find Schools Near

Urban & Regional Planning at The New School

Every urban and regional planning school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the urban planning program at The New School stacks up to those at other schools.

New School University is located in New York, New York and approximately 9,047 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Urban & Regional Planning section at the bottom of this page.

New School University Urban & Regional Planning Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Urban Planning

New School University Urban & Regional Planning Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2021, 7 students received their master’s degree in urban planning from New School University. This makes it the #59 most popular school for urban planning master’s degree candidates in the country.

Urban Planning Student Demographics at New School University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the urban planning majors at The New School.

New School University Urban & Regional Planning Master’s Program

71% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 7 students earned a master's degree in urban planning from New School University. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The New School with a master's in urban planning.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

New School University also has a doctoral program available in urban planning. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Urban Planning Grads May Go Into

A degree in urban planning can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The New School.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Social Sciences Professors 2,570 $101,250
Urban and Regional Planners 1,410 $76,730
Architecture Professors 970 $135,190


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.