Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering at Temple University

Every civil engineering school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the civil eng program at Temple University stacks up to those at other schools.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 37,236 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 60 civil eng majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Civil Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Civil Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Doctorate Degree in Civil Eng

Temple Civil Engineering Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks civil eng programs across the country. The following shows how Temple performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The civil eng major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Civil Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Civil Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 143
Best Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 167
Most Focused Civil Engineering Schools 243

In 2021, 8 students received their master’s degree in civil eng from Temple. This makes it the #144 most popular school for civil eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in civil eng, making the school the #120 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of Temple Civil Eng Graduates

The median salary of civil eng students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $59,557. This is less than $61,387, which is the national average of all civil eng majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Civil Eng Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil eng majors at Temple University.

Temple Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program

23% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 60 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in civil eng from Temple. About 77% were men and 23% were women.


About 52% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in civil eng at Temple are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in civil eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 31
International Students 18
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Temple Civil Engineering Master’s Program

25% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 8 students earned a master's degree in civil eng from Temple. About 25% of these graduates were women and the other 75% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in civil eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Temple also has a doctoral program available in civil eng. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Civil Eng Grads May Go Into

A degree in civil eng can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Civil Engineers 12,530 $88,740
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Engineers 4,850 $96,550
Environmental Engineers 2,960 $89,410
Engineering Professors 2,950 $114,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.