Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Health & Physical Education at Syracuse University

Find Schools Near

Health & Physical Education at Syracuse University

If you are interested in studying health and physical education, you may want to check out the program at Syracuse University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and has a total student population of 21,322. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 150 students received a bachelor's degree in phys ed from Syracuse.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Health & Physical Education section at the bottom of this page.

Syracuse Health & Physical Education Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Phys Ed

Syracuse Health & Physical Education Rankings

The phys ed major at Syracuse is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Health & Physical Education. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Phys Ed Graduates from Syracuse Make?

The median salary of phys ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at Syracuse is $37,302. This is 31% higher than $28,522, which is the national average for all phys ed bachelor's degree recipients.


Phys Ed Student Demographics at Syracuse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the phys ed majors at Syracuse University.

Syracuse Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Program

27% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 150 students earned a bachelor's degree in phys ed from Syracuse. About 27% of these graduates were women and the other 73% were men.


About 75% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in phys ed at Syracuse are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor's in phys ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 112
International Students 13
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

Syracuse also has a doctoral program available in phys ed. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Phys Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in phys ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Syracuse University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 24,160 $59,520
Coaches and Scouts 10,320 $56,320
Athletic Trainers 1,440 $49,960
Recreation and Fitness Studies Professors 1,320 $78,150
Exercise Physiologists 320 $68,180


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.