Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at SUNY Oneonta

If you plan to study general visual and performing arts, take a look at what SUNY Oneonta has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and approximately 6,528 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 44 visual arts majors received their bachelor's degree from SUNY Oneonta.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts

SUNY Oneonta General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the visual arts progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 18
Most Focused General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 28

How Much Do Visual Arts Graduates from SUNY Oneonta Make?

The median salary of visual arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oneonta is $26,400. This is about the same as the yearly salary of allvisual arts bachelor's degree recipients across the nation.

undefined

Visual Arts Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

70% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 44 students earned a bachelor's degree in visual arts from SUNY Oneonta. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men.

SUNY Oneonta Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 64% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in visual arts at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at SUNY Oneonta
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 28
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Graphic Designers 21,350 $64,840
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Art Directors 8,320 $124,710
Photographers 4,090 $53,150
Multimedia Artists and Animators 2,060 $86,490

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.