Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

Public Administration at University at Albany

Every public administration school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the public admin program at University at Albany stacks up to those at other schools.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and approximately 17,688 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Administration section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany Public Administration Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Admin
  • Doctorate Degree in Public Admin

UAlbany Public Administration Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

In 2021, 62 students received their master’s degree in public admin from UAlbany. This makes it the #56 most popular school for public admin master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 4 students who received their doctoral degrees in public admin, making the school the #22 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Public Admin Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public admin majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany Public Administration Master’s Program

60% Women
26% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public admin program at UAlbany awarded 62 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 40% of these degrees went to men with the other 60% going to women.


Of the students who received a public admin master's degree from UAlbany, 68% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a master's in public admin.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 42
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UAlbany also has a doctoral program available in public admin. In 2021, 4 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Admin Grads May Go Into

A degree in public admin can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
General and Operations Managers 163,250 $156,260
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Social and Community Service Managers 13,110 $86,700
Chief Executives 10,430 $220,040
Legislators 6,220 $90,050


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.