Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemical Engineering at Rowan University

Find Schools Near

Chemical Engineering at Rowan University

If you are interested in studying chemical engineering, you may want to check out the program at Rowan University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rowan is located in Glassboro, New Jersey and has a total student population of 19,678. In 2021, 51 chem eng majors received their bachelor's degree from Rowan.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Chemical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

Rowan Chemical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chem Eng

Rowan Chemical Engineering Rankings

The chem eng major at Rowan is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Chem Eng Graduates from Rowan Make?

The median salary of chem eng students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rowan is $58,819. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $66,101 for all chem eng students.


Chem Eng Student Demographics at Rowan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chem eng majors at Rowan University.

Rowan Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

41% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The chem eng program at Rowan awarded 51 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 59% of these degrees went to men with the other 41% going to women. The typical chem eng bachelor's degree program is made up of only 38% women. So female students are more repesented at Rowan since its program graduates 4% more women than average.


About 75% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in chem eng at Rowan are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rowan University with a bachelor's in chem eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 38
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Rowan also has a doctoral program available in chem eng. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Chem Eng Grads May Go Into

A degree in chem eng can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rowan University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Architectural and Engineering Managers 4,020 $163,440
Engineers 3,470 $114,990
Chemical Engineers 1,430 $122,210


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.