Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Programming at Rochester Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Computer Programming at Rochester Institute of Technology

If you plan to study computer programming, take a look at what Rochester Institute of Technology has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

RIT is located in Rochester, New York and has a total student population of 16,254. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 25 students received a bachelor's degree in programming from RIT.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Programming section at the bottom of this page.

RIT Computer Programming Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Programming

RIT Computer Programming Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks programming programs across the country. The following shows how RIT performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The programming major at RIT is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Programming. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Computer Programming Schools 112
Most Focused Computer Programming Schools 276

Programming Student Demographics at RIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the programming majors at Rochester Institute of Technology.

RIT Computer Programming Bachelor’s Program

24% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in programming from RIT. About 24% of these graduates were women and the other 76% were men. The typical programming bachelor's degree program is made up of only 22% women. So female students are more repesented at RIT since its program graduates 2% more women than average.

RIT Gender Breakdown of Computer Programming Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 76% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in programming at RIT are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in programming.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Programming Majors at Rochester Institute of Technology
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 19
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

RIT also has a doctoral program available in programming. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Programming Grads May Go Into

A degree in programming can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Rochester Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Software Applications Developers 52,640 $116,830
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Programmers 15,380 $91,250
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200
Web Developers 12,030 $79,880

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.