Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at Rice University

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at Rice University

Every general visual and performing arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the visual arts program at Rice University stacks up to those at other schools.

Rice is located in Houston, Texas and approximately 7,282 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,228 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Rice University in 2019, 25 of them were general visual and performing arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Rice General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts

Rice General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the visual arts progam at Rice compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at Rice is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 79

Visual Arts Student Demographics at Rice

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at Rice University.

Rice General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

76% Women
48% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in visual arts from Rice. About 76% of these graduates were women and the other 24% were men.

Rice Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 5% more racial-ethnic minorities in its visual arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rice University with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at Rice University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 10
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Rice also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Rice University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Graphic Designers 13,480 $50,700
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 6,240 $71,520
Photographers 3,070 $34,160
Multimedia Artists and Animators 2,480 $82,940
Art Directors 2,090 $81,170

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.