Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Every general visual and performing arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the visual arts program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute stacks up to those at other schools.

RPI is located in Troy, New York and approximately 7,501 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,582 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2021, 4 of them were general visual and performing arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

RPI General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts
  • Doctorate Degree in Visual Arts

RPI General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks visual arts programs across the country. The following shows how RPI performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at RPI is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Visual & Performing Arts Doctor’s Degree Schools 1
Best Value General Visual & Performing Arts Schools 99
Most Popular General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 125
Most Focused General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 162

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in visual arts from RPI. This is the #33 most popular school for visual arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

Visual Arts Student Demographics at RPI

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

RPI General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 4 students earned a bachelor's degree in visual arts from RPI. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 5% more racial-ethnic minorities in its visual arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

RPI also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2021, 6 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Graphic Designers 21,350 $64,840
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Art Directors 8,320 $124,710
Photographers 4,090 $53,150
Multimedia Artists and Animators 2,060 $86,490


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.