Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering at New York University

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering at New York University

If you plan to study civil engineering, take a look at what New York University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 40 students received a bachelor's degree in civil eng from NYU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Civil Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Civil Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Civil Eng
  • Doctorate Degree in Civil Eng

NYU Civil Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the civil eng progam at NYU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The civil eng major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Civil Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Civil Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 138

In 2021, 35 students received their master’s degree in civil eng from NYU. This makes it the #37 most popular school for civil eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 7 students who received their doctoral degrees in civil eng, making the school the #52 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Civil Eng Graduates from NYU Make?

The median salary of civil eng students who receive their bachelor's degree at NYU is $65,906. This is 7% higher than $61,387, which is the national average for all civil eng bachelor's degree recipients.


Civil Eng Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil eng majors at New York University.

NYU Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program

33% Women
65% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 40 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in civil eng from NYU. About 68% were men and 33% were women. The typical civil eng bachelor's degree program is made up of only 29% women. So female students are more repesented at NYU since its program graduates 4% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 36% more racial-ethnic minorities in its civil eng bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in civil eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 6
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

NYU Civil Engineering Master’s Program

23% Women
26% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The civil eng program at NYU awarded 35 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 77% of these degrees went to men with the other 23% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in civil eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 9
International Students 16
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

NYU also has a doctoral program available in civil eng. In 2021, 7 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Civil Eng Grads May Go Into

A degree in civil eng can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Civil Engineers 16,790 $102,250
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Engineers 4,910 $95,270
Environmental Engineers 3,100 $90,470
Engineering Professors 2,900 $127,010


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.