Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at LIU Post

Find Schools Near

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at LIU Post

Every clinical/medical laboratory science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the clinical laboratory science program at LIU Post stacks up to those at other schools.

LIU Post is located in Brookville, New York and approximately 15,066 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science section at the bottom of this page.

LIU Post Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

LIU Post Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

In 2021, 16 students received their master’s degree in clinical laboratory science from LIU Post. This makes it the #9 most popular school for clinical laboratory science master’s degree candidates in the country.

Clinical Laboratory Science Student Demographics at LIU Post

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical laboratory science majors at LIU Post.

LIU Post Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Master’s Program

75% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 16 students earned a master's degree in clinical laboratory science from LIU Post. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 17% men graduate in clinical laboratory science each year. LIU Post does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 8% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from LIU Post with a master's in clinical laboratory science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

LIU Post also has a doctoral program available in clinical laboratory science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Clinical Laboratory Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical laboratory science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for LIU Post.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Phlebotomists 6,190 $40,630
Surgical Technologists 5,750 $55,310
Health Technologists and Technicians 5,280 $55,700
Medical Equipment Preparers 3,600 $43,450


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.