Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions at George Washington University

Every rehabilitation and therapeutic professions school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the rehabilitation program at George Washington University stacks up to those at other schools.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 27,017.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation
  • Doctorate Degree in Rehabilitation

Online Classes Are Available at GWU

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

GWU does offer online education options in rehabilitation for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

GWU Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions Rankings

There were 53 students who received their doctoral degrees in rehabilitation, making the school the #101 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Rehabilitation Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the rehabilitation majors at George Washington University.

GWU Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions Master’s Program

88% Women
8% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 26 students earned a master's degree in rehabilitation from GWU. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.


Of the students who received a rehabilitation master's degree from GWU, 85% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in rehabilitation.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 22
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Rehabilitation Grads May Go Into

A degree in rehabilitation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Engineers 2,640 $132,530
Rehabilitation Counselors 760 $49,400
Physical Therapists 650 $89,750
Occupational Therapists 380 $94,360


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.