Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Engineering Technologies at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Engineering Technologies at George Washington University

What traits are you looking for in a engineering tech school? To help you decide if George Washington University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's engineering tech program.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Engineering Technologies section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Engineering Technologies Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Engineering Tech
  • Doctorate Degree in Engineering Tech

Online Classes Are Available at GWU

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, GWU does offer online courses in engineering tech for the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

GWU Engineering Technologies Rankings

There were 50 students who received their doctoral degrees in engineering tech, making the school the #1 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Engineering Tech Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering tech majors at George Washington University.

GWU Engineering Technologies Master’s Program

42% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 89 students earned a master's degree in engineering tech from GWU. About 42% of these graduates were women and the other 58% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in engineering tech.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 28
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 41

Concentrations Within Engineering Technologies

If you plan to be a engineering tech major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from George Washington University. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Engineering-Related Fields 147

Careers That Engineering Tech Grads May Go Into

A degree in engineering tech can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Systems Software Developers 2,690 $115,610
Engineers 2,640 $132,530
Software Applications Developers 2,520 $112,510
Architectural and Engineering Managers 1,360 $152,130


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.