Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemical Engineering at Drexel University

Find Schools Near

Chemical Engineering at Drexel University

If you plan to study chemical engineering, take a look at what Drexel University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Drexel is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 23,589. Of the 3,440 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Drexel University in 2021, 92 of them were chemical engineering majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Chemical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

Drexel Chemical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chem Eng
  • Master’s Degree in Chem Eng
  • Doctorate Degree in Chem Eng

Drexel Chemical Engineering Rankings

The chem eng major at Drexel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 20 students received their master’s degree in chem eng from Drexel. This makes it the #20 most popular school for chem eng master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 9 students who received their doctoral degrees in chem eng, making the school the #47 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Chem Eng Graduates from Drexel Make?

The median salary of chem eng students who receive their bachelor's degree at Drexel is $67,486. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 2% higher than the national average of $66,101 for all chem eng bachelor's degree recipients.


Chem Eng Student Demographics at Drexel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chem eng majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

38% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The chem eng program at Drexel awarded 92 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 62% of these degrees went to men with the other 38% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 6% more racial-ethnic minorities in its chem eng bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor's in chem eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 17
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 46
International Students 13
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

Drexel Chemical Engineering Master’s Program

45% Women
55% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 20 students earned a master's degree in chem eng from Drexel. About 45% of these graduates were women and the other 55% were men.


In the chem eng master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 55% of degree recipients. That is 26% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in chem eng.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Drexel also has a doctoral program available in chem eng. In 2021, 9 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Chem Eng Grads May Go Into

A degree in chem eng can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Drexel University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Engineers 4,850 $96,550
Engineering Professors 2,950 $114,870
Chemical Engineers 1,310 $97,390


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.