Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at Lehman College

If you plan to study general visual and performing arts, take a look at what Lehman College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and has a total student population of 15,091. Of the 2,958 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Lehman College in 2021, 14 of them were general visual and performing arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts

Lehman General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks visual arts programs across the country. The following shows how Lehman performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 14
Most Focused General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 136

Visual Arts Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at Lehman College.

Lehman General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

71% Women
93% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The visual arts program at Lehman awarded 14 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 48% more racial-ethnic minorities in its visual arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 1
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Graphic Designers 21,350 $64,840
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Art Directors 8,320 $124,710
Photographers 4,090 $53,150
Multimedia Artists and Animators 2,060 $86,490


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.