Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Health & Physical Education at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

Health & Physical Education at Lehman College

If you are interested in studying health and physical education, you may want to check out the program at Lehman College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and approximately 15,091 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 66 students received a bachelor's degree in phys ed from Lehman.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Health & Physical Education section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman Health & Physical Education Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Phys Ed

Lehman Health & Physical Education Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks phys ed programs across the country. The following shows how Lehman performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The phys ed major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Health & Physical Education. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Degree Schools 205
Best Health & Physical Education Schools 510

How Much Do Phys Ed Graduates from Lehman Make?

The median salary of phys ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lehman is $26,106. This is less than $28,522, which is the national average of all phys ed majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Phys Ed Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the phys ed majors at Lehman College.

Lehman Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Program

39% Women
86% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 66 students earned a bachelor's degree in phys ed from Lehman. About 39% of these graduates were women and the other 61% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 46% more racial-ethnic minorities in its phys ed bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in phys ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 39
White 5
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in phys ed. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Phys Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in phys ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 24,160 $59,520
Coaches and Scouts 10,320 $56,320
Athletic Trainers 1,440 $49,960
Recreation and Fitness Studies Professors 1,320 $78,150
Exercise Physiologists 320 $68,180


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.