Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at Converse College

Find Schools Near

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at Converse College

If you plan to study clinical/medical laboratory science, take a look at what Converse College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Converse is located in Spartanburg, South Carolina and approximately 1,455 students attend the school each year. Of the 208 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Converse College in 2019, 9 of them were clinical/medical laboratory science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science section at the bottom of this page.

Converse Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

Converse Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks clinical laboratory science programs across the country. The following shows how Converse performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The clinical laboratory science major at Converse is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 118
Best Value Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 193
Most Popular Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Schools 519
Best Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Schools 551

Clinical Laboratory Science Student Demographics at Converse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical laboratory science majors at Converse College.

Converse Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Program

67% Women
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 9 students earned a bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science from Converse. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men. The typical clinical laboratory science bachelor's degree program is made up of only 19% men. So male students are more repesented at Converse since its program graduates 15% more men than average.

Converse Gender Breakdown of Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Converse College with a bachelor's in clinical laboratory science.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Majors at Converse College
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Converse also has a doctoral program available in clinical laboratory science. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Clinical Laboratory Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical laboratory science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Converse College.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Health Specialties Professors 2,980 $72,470
Surgical Technologists 1,970 $39,970
Phlebotomists 1,910 $31,180
Health Technologists and Technicians 550 $42,820
Medical Equipment Preparers 420 $33,470

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.