Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions at Columbia University in the City of New York

Find Schools Near

Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions at Columbia University in the City of New York

If you plan to study rehabilitation and therapeutic professions, take a look at what Columbia University in the City of New York has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Columbia is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 30,135.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions section at the bottom of this page.

Columbia Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation
  • Doctorate Degree in Rehabilitation

Columbia Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 68 students who received their doctoral degrees in rehabilitation, making the school the #67 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Rehabilitation Student Demographics at Columbia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the rehabilitation majors at Columbia University in the City of New York.

Columbia Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions Master’s Program

91% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 55 students earned a master's degree in rehabilitation from Columbia. About 91% of these graduates were women and the other 9% were men.


Of the students who received a rehabilitation master's degree from Columbia, 64% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level. In the rehabilitation master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 27% of degree recipients. That is 2% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York with a master's in rehabilitation.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 35
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Careers That Rehabilitation Grads May Go Into

A degree in rehabilitation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Columbia University in the City of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Physical Therapists 16,660 $87,470
Occupational Therapists 9,740 $88,370
Rehabilitation Counselors 9,720 $36,040
Engineers 4,910 $95,270


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.